The Brazil-021 School of Jiu-Jitsu, was founded by Jiu-Jitsu black belts Andre “Negão” Terencio and Hannette Staack. It began with the vision of unifying its staff and creating a solid team, not only to train champions, but also to help its members become good citizens and family members. It is not a placereserved solely for the “tough” and powerful, but also welcomes women, children and people who are unsure of their abilities.The name and logo were inspired by Brazil and the state of Rio de Janeiro. The numbers, 021, signify the telephone area code for Rio de Janeiro where Jiu-Jitsu was initially most strongly developed. Jiu-Jitsu is now practiced worldwide, and because of this globalization, the school was given a name with an English foundation: BRAZIL-021 SCHOOL OF JIU-JITSU, or BRA-021 for short.The Team is composed with schools in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro), United States and Canada.
Brazil-021 School of Jiu-Jitsu seeks much more than winning competition medals.
Our resolution is to promote health, well-being, self-confidence, and mental toughness in a safe,
encouraging, and inspirational environment to properly prepare our clients for all of the challenges of life.
Ultimately, we strive for the children of our current students to become our future students.
• Besides offering the highest level of Jiu-Jitsu, fundamentally we stress and follow the philosophy of JiuJitsu as a martial art (and not as a sport);
• Focus on respect within the hierarchy;
• Principles, teaming, etiquette, drive are more valued than a medal
• Services are also geared towards competitors and developing champions;
• All members of Brazil 021 help our competitors to achieve through support, training, representation at events;
• Special high intensity training classes geared towards competition;
• Education on mental toughness and discipline required to succeed in competition;
• We seek to promote Jiu-Jitsu as an individual life style through physical activity in a balanced manner.
Copyright Brazil 021 Jiu-Jitsu Chicago All rights reserved.